Accommodation Services Coordinator
Macarthur Disability Services (MDS) has been providing support to people with a disability, the frail aged and their carers for over 30 years. We actively promote the rights and aspirations of people with a disability to enrich lives and roles in the community through the provision of choice, opportunity and innovative service design.
We take great pride in what we do at MDS, and we work to foster for our employee’s a culture of integrity and honesty, accountability, equality and social justice, continuous improvement and a strength based approach, in line with the MDS values.
MDS believes our mission purpose is dependent on the collective efforts of our diverse workforce. MDS aims to use a competency based management strategy for Human Resources practices and to develop motivated teams who are driven, skilled and trained.
MDS offers a rewarding career with:
- Flexible Work practices
- Opportunity to make a difference
- Salary packaging
- Multiple program sites close to home
- Safe and Supportive work place that recognises and rewards individual achievement
About the Opportunity
MDS is seeking to employ an Accommodation Service Coordinator for our program located in Macquarie Fields. Oversee direct service provision to participants in all areas of daily living. Coordinate and manage the staff and resources necessary to meet operational outcomes.
Key Responsibilities for this position include:
- Lead and supervise a team
- Coordinate delivery of complex disability service
- Monitor and meet agreed targets for budgets and service quality outcomes
- Meet risk management and quality assurance requirements
The successful applicant will have:
- A relevant tertiary qualification and/or equivalent experience (certificate 4 or above)
- Experience working with people with a disability(particularly behaviours of concern and restricted practices)
- Knowledge and understanding of the NDIS
- Experience in leading, supervising and managing day to day operations of a team, including rostering of staff for a 24/7 service
- Strong capacity to work with challenging issues, at both the client and service delivery levels
- Demonstrated experience in communication, documentation and reporting requirements in an accommodation setting (or similar)
- Senior First Aid
- Current Drivers Licence and access to a comprehensively insured motor vehicle.
The Position is Permanent full time, on aflexi-time contract. This role is covered under the SCHCADS Award at a level 5 ($33.72 - $35.74 per hr) classification. This role is expected to work one weekend per month and to be rostered on call (an on call allowance is provided). Also offered is salary packaging, flexible working hours, mobile phone and leave loading.
To apply for this position, please complete the application form below
Phone (02) 4621 8400 for further information.
Applications close 5pm, Monday 29 May 2017
It is essential that all applicants have the right to work in Australia. They must also have a current NSW driver’s license and access to their own vehicle. Applicants will be subject to a Criminal Record Check. MDS is an EEO Employer and a smoke free workplace.