Fixed Term - Sector Support Development and Training Coordinator
Macarthur Disability Services (MDS) has been providing support to people with a disability, the frail aged and their carers for over 30 years. We actively promote the rights and aspirations of people with a disability to enrich lives and roles in the community through the provision of choice, opportunity and innovative service design.
We take great pride in what we do at MDS, and we work to foster for our employee’s a culture of integrity and honesty, accountability, equality and social justice, continuous improvement and a strength based approached, in line with the MDS values.
MDS believes our mission purpose is dependent on the collective efforts of our diverse workforce. MDS aims to use a competency based management strategy for Human Resources practices and to develop motivated teams who are driven, skilled and trained.
MDS offers a rewarding career with:
- Flexible Work practices
- Opportunity to make a difference
- Salary packaging
- Safe and Supportive work place that recognises and rewards individual achievement
About the Opportunity
MDS is seeking to employ a fixed term Sector Support Development and Training Coordinator. This position will provide comprehensive sector support, capacity building and training services to Commonwealth Home Support Programme (CHSP) Services across Macarthur, South West Sydney and Wingecarribee.
Key Responsibilities for this position include:
- Identify and implement program and/or training activities and/or projects that have potential to build CHSP services and community capacity
- Coordinate and facilitate sector forums, communities of practice and engagement opportunities
- Engage with community members to promote My Aged Care and CHSP services
- Supervise and lead a team
The successful applicant will have:
- Diploma or higher industry based qualifications (eg. Disability, Aged Care or equivalent), plus Certificate IV TAE (or equivalent)
- Demonstrated knowledge of My Aged Care and CHSP, current sector guidelines and best practice
- Demonstrated experience in Community Development/Engagement and Project Management in an outcomes based framework
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of training programs and adult learning principles
- Staff supervision experience and skills
- Experience coordinating a CHSP service or extensive experience working within CHSP (or similar) Service sector
- Aboriginal cultural competency
The Position is on a fixed term full time contract until 30 June 2020. This role is covered under the SCHCADS Award Level 6 Classification ($40.65 - $42.43). Also offered is salary packaging, flexible working hours, mobile phone and leave loading.
To apply for this position, please complete the application form below
Phone (02) 4621 8400 for further information.
Applications will not be considered unless application form is completed.
Applications close 9am, Monday 22 October 2018
It is essential that all applicants have the right to work in Australia. They must also have a current NSW driver’s license and access to their own vehicle. Applicants will be subject to a Criminal Record Check. MDS is an EEO Employer and a smoke free workplace.
MDS is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people