Chief Operating Officer
Macarthur Disability Services Ltd has been providing support to people with a disability, people living with mental illness, the frail aged and their carers for over 35 years. We actively promote the rights and aspirations of people with a disability to enrich lives and roles in the community through the provision of choice, opportunity and innovative service design.
MDS is seeking a dynamic individual to support MDS to implement best practice operational management strategies.
Key Responsibilities for this position include:
- Manage and direct the operational requirements for MDS, consistent with the MDS strategic directions.
- Provide support and assistance to the CEO on corporate and governance issues where required.
- Provide leadership and guidance to the MDS executive team and Senior Managers
The successful applicant will have:
- A detailed understanding of sector issues (National Disability Insurance Scheme, Royal Commission / Mental Health reforms, aged care reforms)
- Exceptional relationship building skills. Somebody who can coach and develop executive general managers and senior managers.
- An ability to construct and implement operational initiatives
- Experience working with Members of a Board and CEO.
- A successful track record of change management and staff engagement initiatives
- Experience and understanding in contractual, legal, governance and legislative requirements (Risk management, QA, WH&S frameworks, and the requirements of the NDIS Quality Safeguards Commission).
- Knowledge of financial and people management strategies.
- Qualifications and extensive experience in Management and/or Disability Services/related discipline.
To discuss your interest and obtain a full information package please call Amanda Mesa on 46 218400.
To submit your resume and cover letter responding to the skills required above please go to www.mdservices.com.au/careers
Applications close 9am Monday 17th February 2020
It is essential that all applicants have the right to work in Australia. They must also have a current driver’s licence and access to their own vehicle. Applicants will be subject to a Criminal Record Check and are required to provide a clearance for working with children. MDS is an EEO Employer and a smoke free workplace.
MDS is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people