Casual Support Worker
Macarthur, Liverpool and Wingecarribee Regions
Macarthur Disability Services (MDS) has been providing support to people with a disability, the frail aged and their carers for over 30 years. We actively promote the rights and aspirations of people with a disability to enrich lives and roles in the community through the provision of choice, opportunity and innovative service design.
We take great pride in what we do at MDS, and we work to foster for our employee’s a culture of integrity and honesty, accountability, equality and social justice, continuous improvement and a strength based approached, in line with the MDS values.
MDS believes our mission purpose is dependent on the collective efforts of our diverse workforce. MDS aims to use a competency based management strategy for Human Resources practices and to develop motivated teams who are driven, skilled and trained.
MDS offers a rewarding career with:
- Flexible Work practices
- Opportunity to make a difference
- Multiple program sites close to home
- Safe and Supportive work place that recognises and rewards individual achievement
About the Opportunity
MDS is seeking to employ Casual Support Workers for our various programs. These positions are responsible for supporting people with a disability with daily living skills, community inclusion and participation activities. This role would be well suited to someone who is passionate about supporting and achieving positive outcomes for others.
Key Responsibilities for this position include:
- Supporting people with a disability and their family/carers in achieving life learning, recreation, employment and educational goals and aspirations
- Engage with people with complex care needs to support achievement and encourage further independence
- Provide personal care, living skills, transport, other services and support.
The successful applicant will have:
- Provide First Aid Qualification (HLTAID003)
- Valid Working with Children's Check (WWCC)
- Valid National Police History Check (completed within the last 12 months)
- Driver's Licence (P1 or above)
- Access to a reliable vehicle
- A passion for supporting others
These positions are Casual, offering hours/shifts based on the needs of programs and the individuals being supported. MDS Programs span across the Macarthur, Liverpool and Wingecarribee regions. This role is covered under the SCHCaDS Award.
To apply for this position, please complete the application form below
Phone (02) 4621 8400 for further information.
Applications will not be considered unless the application form is completed.
This is an open advertisement and has no closing date. You will be advised when your application has been received. We will contact you directly if you have been successful in gaining an interview.
It is essential that all applicants have the right to work in Australia. MDS is an EEO Employer and a smoke free workplace.
MDS is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people